Existing Member?

Mid Life Crisis - Kilimanjaro 2015 Challenger both Body and Mind

Getting the right help, at the right time – Kilimanjaro Blog

TANZANIA | Tuesday, 17 March 2015 | Views [457]

In the last blog I was talking about surrounding yourself with the right people, to achieve your vision, but I have realised you also need to have the right support around you, which has helped me no end recently.

This support for me recently has come from friends, colleagues and strangers recruited from social media. Seeing them all supporting me, getting behind the vision I have to climb Kilimanjaro and raise £5k for Somerset Area Cruse Bereavement Care, is amazing. Knowing there is support available to talk to, even if I choose not to, means so much.

Somerset Area Cruse Bereavement Care offer support for adults, young people and children in Somerset and the Sherborne areas of Dorset. They offer help to anyone who has been bereaved, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, disability or sexual orientation.

The realisation is that a lot of people who suffer from bereavement never know Somerset Area Cruse Bereavement Caree exist, or do not require specialist help and support to enable them to enable them to understand and manage their grief, others do.   

Most people suffer terribly when someone they love passes away. Many cope without specialist help and support, but wonder why life suddenly feels so very difficult.

We often realise later that it would have helped to have been able to talk to someone to understand and manage our grief.  Imagine not having friends or family around to support you? Imagine that they can’t help you because they are also grieving? This is when organisations like Somerset Area Cruse Bereavement Care Cruse Bereavement Care are so vital.

They offer someone who will listen, a trained bereavement support volunteer for you to talk to confidentially, one to one, in your own home. They offer this to everyone, including young people and children who really need the support of a specialist. It was this very practical help which drew me to supporting this great charity.

Following my humbling visit to Somerset Area Cruse Bereavement Care in Street Somerset, realising the amount of people they were supporting, over often many sessions, on such a small budget, staffed mainly by volunteers,  I am even more committed to raising funds to enable them to continue to support a thousand people a year in Somerset through providing a helpful and supportive website, sending information leaflets, offering phone support and providing face to face support where and when needed to help their clients to cope after a sudden, traumatic death.

If you would like to sponsor me, please go to https://www.justgiving.com/Tony-Mattravers/ or if you know of any PR Opportunities or companies who may wish to sponsor me (Don’t forget, it comes off any individual or company profit and thus tax bill, https://www.gov.uk/tax-limited-company-gives-to-charity/overview )

Please remember that although my plan is for you to sponsor various elements of my kit, all of that sponsorship is going straight to Somerset Area Cruse Bereavement Care in Street, Somerset as I have already personally committed all that is required for me to climb Kilimanjaro

Thank You

Tags: challenge, charity, killimanjaro, summit, trekking

 

About tony_mattravers


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Tanzania

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.