Existing Member?

Trip of a Lifetime Our 10 month journey around the world.

Paros Is. - Greece

GREECE | Wednesday, 16 June 2010 | Views [488] | Comments [3]

Paros (Greece) June 5th - 9th

We arrived at Paros Island after a short ferry ride.  We were picked up at the port as arraigned and shown our home for the next five days.  We again chose to be a little off the beaten path so that it would be quite.  The first day we just walked the local small town and of course got lost numerous times in the tiny winding streets.  It is like a maze once you get in there you never know where you might end up.  We seemed to just go in circles lol..   We were going to rent a scooter the next day when I noticed that I could rent a real motorbike on this island.  I thought it would be nice to have some power for once, and how could I turn down the opportunity to ride a brand new BMW 650X. J   It had more than enough power to scare the pants of Holly as I wheelied down the road :P.  We toured the east side of the island, stopping at some really nice beaches for the occasional dip.  We also checked out butterfly valley and the lookout but it was a little cloudy so we didn’t get the best views.  In the morning we had to return the bike so I took it out on my own to really have some fun.  I tore up the island for a hour and then had to return it.  (I still like my XR400 better).  We decided to have a beach day as we were sore from all the previous days riding and would get a scooter to explore the rest of the island including the church with 100 doors, and the main city center.  Before returning the bike Holly wanted to try her hand at driving as I had done all the driving so far.  We started her out on a strait stretch of road. I explained the gas the break and what to do if she got going to fast.  Off she went like a pro about 60 feet up the road with me running behind. Back down the street and she was fine a little wobbly but ok so I decided to jump on.  Of we went about 10 feet full gas right into the ditch stopping just before a small fence. OK back to me driving LOL. The last day we went back to a few of our favourite beaches to swim and slash in the waves.

Comments

1

sounds like a ton of fun, I would love to have seen you guys in in the ditch, I had a good laugh over that one as I can picture it! Glad everything going great for you, it seems it is all as you had hoped, time is running out, can hardly wait til you get back!!

  Sheryl J Jun 18, 2010 2:15 PM

2

We never actually went in the ditch; Todd exaggerates just a little but we were heading that way, may be a bit out of control!!!

  Holly Jun 19, 2010 5:07 AM

3

Happy Birthday Todd!

  Vesa Jun 20, 2010 1:48 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Greece

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.