Existing Member?

Trip of a Lifetime Our 10 month journey around the world.

Athens / Zakynthos Is.

ITALY | Sunday, 20 June 2010 | Views [339]

Athens / Zakynthos Is.   June 10th - 15th

We weren’t able to travel directly to Zakynthos Is. From Paros so we decided we would spend a day in Athens to see the Acropolis and the Pantheon.  We walked most of the down town core including to the local markets and pedestrian streets.  In the morning we hopped on a bus and 4 hours later we would arrive at Killkili ferry terminal and boarded the 1 hour ferry to Zakynthos Is.were we would spend the next 5 days.  We hadn’t booked anywhere to stay as we got in early and figured we would just rent a quad load your bags on and head to the resorts we had looked up to see if they had a room.  So once we arrived off to the town to rent a bike.  We this is when we discovered that the hole island it seemed closed shop from 2:00 - 6:00 and all the rental agencies were closed L.  We weren’t about to wait from 4 hours until they opened so we found out about the local  bus and only had to wait 40 minutes.  We ended up getting down to the other end of the island where there was a shop open and we were set.  We loaded that poor 50cc quad up to the gills and chugged off to find our home..  We found a place right on the beach with a pool and kitchen for $50 a night so we settled in.  In the morning we took the quad out to the town to find out about our next destination (Rome).  Holly decided to give it a go on the quad a did quite well this time.  No ditches and we even when out on the road for a little while without running over any other tourists J . Max speed she says is 34hm/h lol..  I got it going 60 J.  We explored some beaches, and swam a few times.  The water is very similar temperature to the other islands, about 24 deg. Our second day was spend at the room and the pool/beach relaxing in the sun.  Over the next couple days we would rent a scooter again to visit the Blue Caves, the Ship Wreck and the rest of the island including the turtle beach. A early taxi on the last day to the airport and we are off to Italy.

 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.