Existing Member?

Trip of a Lifetime Our 10 month journey around the world.

Dahab - Egypt

EGYPT | Friday, 28 May 2010 | Views [256]

 Dahab Egypt - May 20 - 29

I snap a few shots of our first gimps of the Red Sea from the air. Soon we will be landing in Shram El Sheik.  We have a one hour taxi ride up the coast to Dahab.  When we arrived there was no Cab for us.  We waited a few minutes as they are always there but not this time.  We ended up talking with a nice German guy that spoke a bit of Arabic and he said that he has been here before and could get us a good deal on a cab as they were all overcharging.  He was a hard bargainer and eventually we got a ride. We were dropped of in front of the Sea View Hotel and greeted with a smile as usual at the reception.  “Where you from” they always ask. “Canada” and all we get is “Canada Dry”  that is the only thing they can associate to Canada and most of the Egyptian people have no clue where Canada is.  They all think it is above England or somewhere.  We are shown to our room for the next 8 days (The longest we have stayed in one place for the last 6 months.) A vacation from traveling ;ol)  The Pool area is nice the resort is 20 feet from the Sea and the restaurants are only a minute walk for our choice of cuisine.  The first few days are spent between the Sea and the pool with a little sun bathing in between.  We are not planning on doing any activities in Dahab but just to relax and swim at the reef.  We go to dinner every night where you bargain for what food you get.  “I want a free appy and free desert” LOL  For $10 Canadian you get Bread with 5 dips, soup as a starter, Grilled fish with rice and vegetables, a drink, and fruit and ice-cream for desert.  We usually share as there is so much food. Every night we are completely stuffed.  Up again at 8:00 for the complimentary breakfast consisting of eggs toast yogurt and fruit salad. We eat at table only feet from the Red Sea every morning.  We walked into town a few times and it is quit dead like most places we have been.  Every shoppy trying to get you to come in “Just take a look, Free to look”.   Today is our last day in Dahab and we will take it easy once again J  Pool, Sea, Lunch, Sea, Pool, Dinner, Pool, Sleep.  An early flight tomorrow 5am to Greece and we will say goodbye to Egypt.

 

 

Travel Answers about Egypt

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.