Existing Member?

Trip of a Lifetime Our 10 month journey around the world.

Luxor - Egypt (May 17 - 19)

EGYPT | Friday, 28 May 2010 | Views [353]

Luxor - Egypt 

A short car ride to our home for the next 3 days in Luxor. We are pleasantly surprised with the place. A nice room, excellent pool at it seems we are the only one staying at the resort which is on the west bank of the Nile river. It is much quieter on this side and only cost 1LE to cross on the public ferry if we want to explore Luxor City. We have arranged a hot air balloon ride over the Valley of the Kings, and a Felucca trip up the Nile to Banana Island. We woke up early to see the sunrise in the balloon. Up we went. It was already hot and even hotter with the roar of the flame to inflate the balloon. We got a magnificent view of the Nile valley and the surrounding desert. In the evening we planned the Felucca boat ride up the Nile at sunset. The wind wasn’t very strong but our 16 year old captain “Mohamed” Yelled “Come on you bloody wind” and off we went. We visited the village on the island bought some fruit and sailed back down the Nile while the sun set behind the hills. We decided to rent a taxi for a half day (6 hours - only $20). We visited the Valley of the Kings, and Queens as well as Hatshepsui, with a quick stop at the two biggest statuses in Egypt. Our last day would be spent at the pool and wandering the local market (Bazaar). Off to the Red Sea and Dahab where we will Snorkel, Snorkel, Snorkel.

 

 

Travel Answers about Egypt

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.