Existing Member?

Trip of a Lifetime Our 10 month journey around the world.

January 30 - February 5

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 19 February 2010 | Views [524]



In the  morning we got up early and headed for the National park tree top canopy walk. 25meters above the ground.  I climbed the inside of a strange fig tree that was completely hollow from root to tip about 30 meters.  We then headed to a lookout to see a waterfall and Python walk. Of course we see a black snake along the way that freaked us both out.  I snapped a shot before casing it off the trail.  Then we heard you could walk behind the water fall at the spring brook national park so off we headed.  Sure enough you could walk right behind a 200 meter waterfall that was plunging right in front of us.  I made Holly walk through a few times to I could get a good shot and she got socked..  Hold read in one of the articles that there was a lookout called “The lookout of all lookouts”  we just couldn’t pass that up and it was close so we headed there after the water fall..    We it was the a lookout all right. It was so foggy the we could hardly see 5 feet.  LOL .  We didn’t see anything. I think they are just playing with the tourists by naming it that.  We headed back down the mountain to a place called the natural bridge.  The water had carved a hole in the roof of a cave a formed a bridge.  It started to pore rain just as we got that but we didn’t care and got soaked with the rest of the tourists.  The next day we ended up in Byron bay for breakfast as the beach and a quick dip with the stinging jellyfish.  On to Belina for lunch and we would camp at the showground in the barn.  We would watch some surfers at Angory bay which is renowned for it surf beaches.  We were still seeing lots of jellies so we didn’t swim.  We are seeing more and more Kangaroo  live one know not road kill  LOL..  We would stay at the Brooms head caravan park and were hot so we took our chances with the jellies and cooled off..  Our site has a great view of the ocean and we just relaxed.  Started to get a little worse weather of the last day or two so we headed back to Brisbane to get our visa’s and the made a B-line for better weather.  We stopped a a lake call Lake Ainsworth that was the color of tea from the tree’s growing around it and jumped in to cool off hopping that we wouldn’t come out dyed red.  Corindy Beach site would be our home.  In the morning we headed to the Nambooka Head and swam in the clear waters.  We also stopped at a river mouth and drifted with the currents and waves from the ocean.  Still lots of jellies so we have been sticking to the rivers and lakes to cool off.  Cape Hawk would be our home.  We climbed a tone of stairs to a lookout where we got great views of the area and we could  see a huge sand dune that we would go to the next day..   Huge plate of Nachos for dinner and off to bed..

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.