Existing Member?

Roadtrip Australia: Van-Tastic Victoria - Tim & Friends Tim from London embarks on the ultimate Aussie roadtrip as he motors around Victoria with Van-Tastic Adventures - picking up his Aussie mates for six action-packed, free-wheeling weeks of adventure.

THE CAMPERVAN GRAND PRIX

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 7 December 2009 | Views [936]

So we spent the morning in emergency trying to get Tim’s ear fixed and we were  running late for the Phillip Island Grand Prix. We missed the “Hot Laps”, a race around the circuit in a Holden HSV with a professional driver. But Tim still got to drive Geoff the van around the Grand Prix track. The next day we went back to film some extra bits and ran into the manager, who let us have ago on their go-karts! The go-kart track is a scale replica of the official Phillip Island Grand Prix racetrack, one-fifth its size to be exact. Tim and I got to race around the track and it was so fun! I didn’t realize how much I was going to enjoy it! The go-karts go really fast and it feels awesome being so low to ground and close to the track. As it turns out, I had the fastest time out of everyone on the track! Poor Tim felt terribly emasculated when I overtook him and even worse when the time sheets were released and I had top score!  It was a super cool afternoon, I think I especially enjoyed it because I beat Tim!

For more info: www.backpackmelbourne.com

Tags: backpackers, campervan, driving, geoff the van, go-kart, grand prix, phillip island, van-tastic adventures, vantastic, world nomads

About timmyski


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.