Existing Member?

Roadtrip Australia: Van-Tastic Victoria - Tim & Friends Tim from London embarks on the ultimate Aussie roadtrip as he motors around Victoria with Van-Tastic Adventures - picking up his Aussie mates for six action-packed, free-wheeling weeks of adventure.

HOLY BUSHTUCKER!

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 7 December 2009 | Views [1425]

Next stop was Phillip Island, famous for its Little Penguin, Grand Prix and as we discovered the Rhyll Fishing Park. The staff at Rhyll Trout and Bush-Tucker really take care of you, and make sure you have an awesome time there and catch plenty of big fish. They hooked us up with a rod and bait and showed us how to master trout fishing at their large dam on the property. There are over 500 trout in the dam, so you are sure to get some bites and test your newly developed fishing skills. We just sat in the sun, with plenty of sun cream of-course, and enjoyed the local wines while we fished! Despite our previous fishing experience (one day at St Kilda), neither Tim nor I managed to catch anything, but not to worry, they have an indoor dam where there are even more fish! I caught a huge trout (almost 1 kg) on my second cast, Tim however, struggle a bit.... hehe. Next stop, the kitchen! Mary, the resident chef can cook your fresh trout a variety of different ways or she can supply you with all the ingredients and you can do it yourself on their barbeques. We opted for the chef, and she did an amazing job. It was definitely the best meal we have had on the whole entire trip, a nice change from cooking in the camper-van. Thanks Mary! After lunch Paul showed us around the property. They have recently planted a huge variety (over 400 different species) of native Australian plants. These plants have been sourced from all over Australia, resulting in a very large and diverse indigenous plantation, which consists of a range of legumes, vegetables, fruits, berries and nuts. In the future these plants will be used as ingredients to cook the trout with. Visitors will be able to catch their fish and then wander through the bush tucker garden and pick the ingredients they wish to have with it. This will make for a very unique meal, which you will only be able to experience at the Rhyll Fishing Park.

If you do make it to Phillip Island, Ryhll Trout and Bush Tucker is definitely worth the visit!

http://www.rhyllfishingpark.com.au/

Thanks Paul and Mary for an awesome day and an amazing meal, we felt very spoilt!

Make sure you check out our video blog :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2ckagucC2k

Tim and Em

Also for more info on traveling Victoria visit:

www.backpackmelbourne.com

Tags: barbuque, bush tucker, campervan, fishing, road trip, trout, van-tastic adventures, vantastic, victoria, world nomads

About timmyski


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.