Existing Member?

Roadtrip Australia: Van-Tastic Victoria - Tim & Friends Tim from London embarks on the ultimate Aussie roadtrip as he motors around Victoria with Van-Tastic Adventures - picking up his Aussie mates for six action-packed, free-wheeling weeks of adventure.

SCARY SKYDIVING!

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 26 November 2009 | Views [1594]

So we turned up at Lilydale airport, about 45 minutes drive from Melbourne in the Yarra Valley, and I was expecting to do my first ever skydive. I was pretty  nervous, but I thought after I did it, I would be able to do anything, my fear of heights would be overcome, forever! Basically, I would be invincible. We had a basic plan of the film we were going to make and Tim started filming while I got ready and started to freak out! I felt pretty stupid because everyone else doing the dive was super chilled about the fact we were jumping out of a 10 000 feet high plane! 

The guys at MELBOURNE SKYDIVE CENTRE were really cool and Dan, my tandem buddy, assured me that I was going to have the best time, and that free fall was the most amazing feeling you can ever have.

http://www.melbourneskydivecentre.com.au/

These guys have an amazing set up going. Not only do you get to jump from 10 000 feet but you get to fly over the gorgeous Yarra Valley for 25 minutes.

So after all the safety briefing and explaining what I had to do (not much), we headed up in the plane. At about 5 000 feet I thought it was well and truly time to jump out over the lego land below and by the time we got to the top I was absolutely petrified and I just couldn’t do it.  I felt pretty bad about letting everyone down, I am such a wimp! I am also officially the first person to pull out, EVER!

After a quick cry we made an emergency dash to the local Lilydale shopping mall and bought a blonde wig and Tim took over for me. It was very kind of the guys to offer us a second jump. Tim has been a true gentleman and assured me it was the best thing he has ever done in his whole entire life. Tim now wants to become a skydive instructor…

The crew at the skydiving centre literally have to best jobs in the world. They obviously love their jobs and ensure you have the best time possible. Everyone that jumped that day left with the biggest grins on their faces. They also provide you with some awesome footage of your jump so you can relive every second of the experience. Check out an example of the amazing footage you’ll get in our video blog!

www.vantastic.worldnomads.com

Em and Tim

For more info on travelling around Victoria visit www.backpackmelbourne.com

Tags: adventure, australia, backpacking, campervan, road trip, travel, van-tastic adventures, vantastic, victoria, world nomads

About timmyski


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.