Existing Member?

Fierce Invalids in Hot Climates Amber and Jerad chronicle their life-changing journey from Napa Valley wine snobs to globe-exploring vegabonds

How to blog about Myanmar?

USA | Sunday, 16 March 2008 | Views [524] | Comments [1]

Amber is such a sucker for little souls.  So much so that she had to ask and have this picture, probably her favorite of the trip so far.

Amber is such a sucker for little souls. So much so that she had to ask and have this picture, probably her favorite of the trip so far.

As cheesy as it sounds, I truly don't feel that any sort of blog I post right now can accurately descibe ALL that is Myanmar, and all that was our visit there.  Myanmar is a magical country of the nicest people I have ever met, despite the serious struggles they face everyday.  The two weeks that Jerad and I spent in Myanmar were, probably, the two most rewarding and inspiring weeks of my life.  It was a very spiritual, introspective and cleansing time for me; not to mention one of much enjoyemnt of simple and natures beauty and laughter.  Jerad and I traveled with Teet and Uri (son-father team) from Estonia and with a darling young woman from Greece (Olga).  All of whom became close friends of ours, and we are even staying with Olga when we get to Greece:).  The local trishaw driver (who goes by Starsky) was a solid highlight of the trip.  We spent a lot of time with him and became good friends, I would even say he was our "guide-book".  I will never forget this man and miss him already.  Thank you Shea Hardy for encouraging Jerad and I to go to Myanmar, for it was a gift!  Please view the pictures to get a better idea of the magic that is Myanmar.

Happily and Forever Changed,

Amber Allison

P.S.  Check out the pictures posted for Australia and Thailand, sorry it took so long.  Jerad and I are currently in India, in Delhi.  We will be going to Udiapur in a few days, by train, then to Ajmer/Pushkar for 3 days or so, then to Agra.  We are making an effort to "be a traveler not a tourist" this whole trip...life is good!         

Comments

1

Wow! Life changing indeed. You two are both impressive and inspiring. Glad to hear that you are doing well and the trip has been so magical. We think of you often and share in your journey with thoughts and prayers. Thanks very much for the pictures and comments. Lots of love - Joe

  Joe Zamboldi Mar 17, 2008 2:22 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.