Existing Member?

Nothing Short of an Adventure "Own only what you can carry with you; know language, know countries, know people. Let your memory be your travel bag."

Tellllll me something good...

USA | Monday, 11 August 2008 | Views [313]

...telllllll me that you love mee,  yeahhhh. (Chaka Khan has been stuck in my head since last Monday. Help!) First 3 days of summer.. successful I would say! Now it's time to get up and leave again to good 'ole Murdo, SD though. Just for a week this time around (unlike the 6 long ones I spent there last summer), then back home to Va with only 10 days before the big move.. east!

Week ahead=one-horse town. Plans while I'm there mainly consist of sun, long runs, and working night-shifts at the drive-in (although that gets subject to change when your parents own a resturant..por ejemplo: someone calls in sick and they call on the daughter for help cause she's free labor. errr--it's okay though, free ice cream and diet mountain dew!)Once I'm there it's actually lovely.. stress gets magically lifted away when there's nothing around and no people to deal with--instant gratification. Just as an fyi, my dad owns 3 dogs, 5 cats and 4 parrots whom all reside together with he and my stepmom in a brand spankin new house. My room is finally finished and the 4-person bathtub/jucuzzi (sp?)(which translates into about 6 people if everyone is my size) is up and running (that's not in my room though- nuts). Not quite sure why six people would take a bath together-- not much room for washing lol--but you can bet I'm going to use it! AAANNND, I love being in a place where everyone can agree to change the radio station to country :P Butterscotch shakes are okay too.. I can make you a mean one and it'll only cost you $2.00 (+tax +a plane ticket) Soo moral of the story.. come visit me? You won't be sorry! :)

I'm actually really looking forward to coming back next week because it means finally seeing people my own age again! My coworkers this summer were absolutely wonderful, (and I'm not only saying that because they may be reading this).. but everyone needs a little goofing around time now'n'again to maintain any normal level of sanity (which according to some people I don't have quuiiite enough of lol) Anywho, we are going to move my sister to college, then I'll visit a few for some send-off laughs with my friends at jmu and uva for the weekend. By the time I get back the week ends I'll be crunching to pack everything I own into one suitcase and a backpack. HA! (that should be at least three solid hours of fun right there!--with the help of mom, of course)and then GO TIME!

ha.. just looking at the clock. leaving for murdo in 3 hours, probably should pack.

current excitement level: akjshfaksjhfkjashkjasfh!!!! 17 days!

About thereshegoes


Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.