Existing Member?

Nothing Short of an Adventure "Own only what you can carry with you; know language, know countries, know people. Let your memory be your travel bag."

Adios verano!

USA | Monday, 25 August 2008 | Views [297] | Comments [1]

Goodbye summerrr! Ahhh finally.. and I couldn't have asked for a better weekend to end with.

Thursday night I did the UVA thing; met a whole bunch of cool guys and learned a new game that I really enjoy, but absolutely sucked at the first time around. It's called web--somewhere between quarters and chandelere. I think I'm going to teach it to the crew while in Spain so, come next semester, I'll be so good at shooting quarters into glasses the rugby team won't know what hit 'em :P. On Friday and Saturday night it was back to JMU, aka my other home, and had I two more nights that I don't remember, which in reference to college, translates to very successful nights! My roommates and I have the recipe for good weekends down to a T... it's an art.

Now I'm home, only 4 more days to go before the grand departure to another continent!! Nerves are setting in and all of those weird emotional pieces of the puzzle are finally begining to hit home. One moment I'm super excited to the point that I could fly there myself if I had wings (Which wouldn't be terribly bad considering the price of plane tickets.) and the next moment I'm wondering how the heck I'm suppose to leave this little comforting bubble that I have made here at home (a general USA,VA,JMU home). ajkshfksjhdfkjh it is mostly excitment though. I think. K plans this week..pack pack pack! Wish me luck.. after 1:51pm on Thursday -- there she goes!

The next post will probably be in Salamanca.. please email me if you'd like to! cazanpc@jmu.edu!

Until then, hasta luego :)

Comments

1

Perri, I am SOOOOO jeleous of your travels and fun. Your mom turned me on to your blog and I just love it. Keep writing!! -- Be safe, have loads of fun. Susan Sullivan

  Susan Sullivan Sep 9, 2008 2:14 AM

About thereshegoes


Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.