Existing Member?

Nothing Short of an Adventure "Own only what you can carry with you; know language, know countries, know people. Let your memory be your travel bag."

...torpe?

SPAIN | Friday, 25 July 2008 | Views [327]

Soooo.... This is semi-awkward. or "torpe"--in spanish! I feel as though I'm writing to an invisible audience, but at the same time not writing to anyone, but rather writing down my thoughts hoping that they make sense to whomever is reading this and not just me? (Haha, Non-sense sentence number one.) Anyway, I've started this journal mostly for family and close friends just to keep them updated on my time abroad in Spain :) Hope it's not too too painful to read in the upcoming months, I'll make my best attempt to keep it upbeat and funny. (even though I'm the only one who laughs at my jokes). hahaaa... yeahh.

So for the record I must begin by saying that this summer has been bittersweet. Two and a half months ago I thought it would never end, now I don't know where it's gone.. I guess that's what working 6 days a week does to ya. It's been hard, but well worth it because of what's coming. Everyday I wake up reminding myself that life is a bit rocky now, but by August 28th I'll be "libre" all the way through December :) Thank goodness for great co-workers and adorable newborns, or else I'ds really be blue. Time is starting to pass now though, two weeks more of work, a short trip to SD to see my dad before I leave, then a week to get everything together with mom. The final count down 35 days and "thereshegoes."

Okay dokey, just for kicks.. here are the places I'm hoping to go to between now and December: they arranged from will-go to maybe-will-go?

Spain, Portugal, Romania, Amsterdam, Belgium, Canary Islands, & London.

Entonces, vamos a ver. :)

About thereshegoes


Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.