Existing Member?

scrambled eggs Our adventures through Ecuador, Peru and Bolivia for 7 months.

Happy Australia Day from Peru!

PERU | Friday, 26 January 2007 | Views [454]

Australia Day! Our first lamb dinner in 2 months.

Australia Day! Our first lamb dinner in 2 months.

 Australia day in Peru – we started the day early on a 10 hour bus trip from Nazca that took 12 ½ hours thanks to drifting sands accross the desert road – oh and some lady that the bus kept stopping for so she could puke her guts up.

  Jess didn’t travel well on the local bus and was a crabby a little bit and feeling a tad unwell but we still headed out managed to find Lamb (really hard to do here!!) and beer and cooked ourselves an Australia Day meal. Our first lamb since leaving Oz – it was good!!

  The place we’re staying is lovely – we’re in a huge room in a family’s home and they cook us a huge brekkie everyday, including pancakes (which is really crepes) bread, jam, eggs and tea or coffee. They picked us up from the bus terminal which was a lovely change and the mum herded us straight to bed (I guess we looked like we had just taken a crap bus trip).

  Arequipa is a huge city (pop 600,000) and is the last big thing in Peru before you hit Chile. It was rocked by an earthquake about 4 years ago but has recovered well. We’re now off the gringo trail so we don’t see alot  of travellers at the moment

Tags: Food & eating

About thehappyeggs


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.