Existing Member?

scrambled eggs Our adventures through Ecuador, Peru and Bolivia for 7 months.

Nazca lines - art!!! maybe alien art!

PERU | Thursday, 25 January 2007 | Views [708]

Me and my tiny plane - and the stunt driver.

Me and my tiny plane - and the stunt driver.

  After shopping around and mulling it over Jess decided to take a flight over the “lines”. It was 35 minutes in a blender but totally worth it. It was a 4 seater plane which could spin on a dime and did often as the piolet fancied himself as some acrobatic wizz (which he was), but I didn’t puke and it was amazing – there are so many lines going in all directions and they’re perfectly straight!! One line goes on for 12 miles in a perfect line. Why no one really knows thoughts are ritual areas, alien landing spots (Glen’s choice), astrological charts, shamen (witchdoctor) dreamings, or lines pointing to water areas.

  We caught a bus out to a mirador (looking tower) around 6.30am (it gets hot fast) and got to watch the important part of Rocky 6 (we didn’t know it was released) popped off the bus 25kms out of Nazca to climb this structure and gander at 2 of the pictures the “tree” and the “hands” or “frog” depending which way you look at it. We then walked to the nearby mountain to climb that for a better view. Lines are seriously everywhere.

 The lines were drawn over a period of  700 years so different cultures drew different things. It’s odd to think these things have been sitting here for 1000 years but were only discovered in 1946.

Tags: Sightseeing

About thehappyeggs


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.