Existing Member?

scrambled eggs Our adventures through Ecuador, Peru and Bolivia for 7 months.

Nazca lines - aliens or graffiti?

PERU | Tuesday, 23 January 2007 | Views [1180]

A boy came into our restaurant whilst we were having lunch in Nasca. How could you not buy chocolate from this child?

A boy came into our restaurant whilst we were having lunch in Nasca. How could you not buy chocolate from this child?

  Well on the move again and to one of my personal highlights – Nazca – home of the famous and yet mysterious lines. The place is a small town in the middle of nowhere!! The town survives because of the tourist travel for the lines but most people with money don’t travel all the way here – they take a flight from Lima (many bus hours north) and do a quick one day trip. We’re here for 3 days.

  Everyone here keeps asking if we’ve done a flight over the lines yet – and they all offer a cousin who can helps us do that. We got hit by 3 people as we stepped of the bus – Jess was still trying to get off and men start offering flights for “special” price, we actually walked to our chosen hotel with the 3 of them as they each tried to discredit each other while talking up their own greatness – we smile politely and then say no.

  We were having lunch today and got jumped by one of the local beggers kids – we were impressed with this lad for trying something different – he must have been hot in his clown suit. He was selling chocolates and we caved and bought 2 once we decided on a fair price. He then sat at  our table and watched us eat. We offered him some drink because of the heat which he took happily.  Most cafes try to push them on because they’re a bad look for the business but these guys didn’t seem to mind. Jess finished her meal but had a stack of rice left over, thew lad got it and then motioned to Glen’s plate where there was some rice remaining. He gorged himself silly but had a fun time. We kept bumping into him around town and had made a mate for life.

Tags: People

About thehappyeggs


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.