Existing Member?

scrambled eggs Our adventures through Ecuador, Peru and Bolivia for 7 months.

Pisco Sour anyone??

PERU | Friday, 19 January 2007 | Views [456]

The Ballastra Islands had many birds, but we also saw hundreds of sea lions and even penguins!

The Ballastra Islands had many birds, but we also saw hundreds of sea lions and even penguins!

  Staying in the small town of Pisco – famous for the cocktail Pisco sour – had a jugo f it last night and forgot that unlike australia who das 2 shots of alcohol to a litre and then a mixer here we consumed pretty much straight alcohol with a bito f lime juice aded – yes we both paid for it.

 Headed off for an early start this morning for a tour of the nearby Ballasta Islands which has over 25,000 birds plus sealions and penguins. On the way out to the islands we passed the Candelabra – a ¨Nasca¨like structure carved into the nearby hill – it’s age is unknown or why someone felt the need to carve a picture of a cactus that 80 metres high. But the area only gets 2mm (yes 2 mm) of rain a year so errosion isn’t an issue.

  The islands were fun, mucho birds – they were just like a carpet on these islands. Around lunch we returned to Pisco, avoided the Pisco sours and planned for our next move.

Tags: Sightseeing

About thehappyeggs


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.