Existing Member?

scrambled eggs Our adventures through Ecuador, Peru and Bolivia for 7 months.

Black markets are fun - need a dvd?

PERU | Wednesday, 17 January 2007 | Views [354]

After a great snooze in our room above the city (we're on the 4th floor) we headed out to check out the local markets - and hit the local ¨black¨market. Talk about hi fi city. Any dvd's you could possibly want and possibily some ones flogged camera also. We were looking for some small speakers to our cd player and a wall adapter and found both for a good price.

 We walked from the city down to Miraflores (the tourist zone) - dumb idea - it's ages away but at least we reached our 10kms for the day easily.

 We wandered through buckets of tourista markets and saw alot of useless junk but some funny stuff too. It's strange to head into an area and all of a sudden you find Mcdonalds and kfc and Pizza hut - oh and people talk english at you when you don't expect it. We were in a (stunning) bookshop and started asking a guy in our spanglish if he could help us reach this book up high and he replies in perfect english. We're getting by with our language - we are slack and just chat in english to eacjother buckets and people here want to practise their english also so it's been a blend. But we're just reaching the so called ¨gringo trail¨ from Lima to the Bolivan border - the trail heads from Lima south for a bit bit and then heads up to Cuzco while we continue south through the desert to Boliva and the Chilan border.

 Got woken at midnight for the fireworks celebrations. We stood on our bed and watched the fireworks explode over the church spires. They sure love their bright lights here.

Tags: Sightseeing

About thehappyeggs


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.