Existing Member?

Horner travels ... Of all the pages in a book, the best stories are found between the pages of a passport...

Asher - Nha Trang

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 22 March 2010 | Views [366] | Comments [1]

Nha Trang - sad monkey chained from balcony main st

Nha Trang - sad monkey chained from balcony main st

11.3.10 Nha Trang

This morning ­we walked to the Cham Towers. Along the ­way we crossed a river that ­was full of blue painted fishing boats that had eyes painted on the bow of the boat to spot the fish. At the Cham Towers ­we saw four of the original eight towers which ­were mainly built many centuries ago although worshipping began on this site around 79AD! We investigated each one ­while Ni'mah and I lit incense and placed into a pot of sand - a Buddhist ritual. When we ­walked back ­we­ saw a monkey chained from it's neck on a balcony. After walking through the outdoor markets a friendly family stopped us for a chat and gave Dad a free drink. On our ­way  back to our hotel ­we found a nice place to have lunch where I enjoyed a mango smoothie. Finally back at our hotel ­we ­watched some TV. The alleyway  to our hotel is next to a nice restaurant where ­we are having dinner tonight. Fá dinner Mum and Dad had a seafood hotpot with mussels, prawns, squid, fish, vegetables and noodles which ­was put into the soup and cooked at the table. Ni'mah and I enjoyed our seafood curry with naan bread.

Comments

1

Hey Ash,
Glad to hear you enjoyed the Charm Towers - was this the Cham Temple? If yes when we visited many years ago their were heaps of cows everywhere and it poured with rain the whole time we were there. But very spectacular.
Sham about the sad little monkey - bet you wished you could have set it free.....
See you soon and all that writing about all that yummy food has made me extremely hungry!!
X

  Fran and Co Apr 10, 2010 8:30 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.