Existing Member?

Celebrating LIFE on the road, living in the moment Traveling in search of ocean views, great fun, some exciting interactions and new adventures.

The Ecuadorian amazon

ECUADOR | Thursday, 23 January 2020 | Views [291]

This morning we are prepping for a visit to the kichiwan villages where we will be welcomed with ceremonial tea and the chikdren of the community. We woke this morning to the sound of a variety of birds singing and calling none of which with i am familiar. The lodge is very comfortable and we are in a room that is perched much like a tree house in the midst of the amazonian jungle. Our place hakuna matada is owned by a german. He hires local kichwan people to manage the lodge. The guides are also kichwan and know a great deal about he lowland areas.

Our visit to the local village required an early start, a drive on many travel roads and a trip down the river via canoe, motorized. We were welcomed by a couple of young children, members of the Santa Barbara village we visited. Once there the village women shared a bit about village life and all 7 of the women shared their names, number of children, and ages. The men were working In the jungles. After our welcoming te ceremony we were treated to a wonderfully prepared breakfast of local fresh caught fish, fruits, sauces and barbecued larvae, a delicacy. Only  a few of us were brave enough to try the larvae. The women also create many crafts which we were invited to purchase. The children dressed in traditional dress and invited us to dance to their welcomi g song, we all had a wonderful time. 

Tags: amazon, ecuador, kichwa

 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.