Existing Member?

Celebrating LIFE on the road, living in the moment Traveling in search of ocean views, great fun, some exciting interactions and new adventures.

Our first week observations and experiences

ARGENTINA | Friday, 5 January 2018 | Views [479]

Hello all wanting to know about our adventures in America del Sur. First i must say my Spanish skills are still very limited but in Buenos Aeries that did not prove to be a problem. After several plane changes and airport security checks we finally arrive in BA on Saturday morning. Maryanne and I met up with Pat and Mark in Miami and continued on to BA. Just in time to avoid the artic blast and winter snows that were bearing down on the south. We made our way to the lovely Brick Hotel and met our gregarious and wonderfully energetic guide Alejondro. He goes by Ale and he truly is a great help with any and all questions. He of course is following the tour guide and managing all of us a small group of folks ranging in age and all *except one couple* from various states in the US. We met on new years eve with the entire group of 22 to review our itenerary and plan the day for the 1st. That night we had Tango lessons! I must say it is much easier than i anticipated and the dance itself is rather basic. I do believe it is much more elegant with the dips and legs up than i was able to master! The next day was busy with a trip to the roman catholic church and the cemetary where there is a memorial to Evita Peron. The cemetaries remind me of those in New orleans however, they are much more elegant, steeped in generations and each plot is owned by the family. There are many variations on the grave crypts and many hold several coffins. Many of the crypts actually have ornate gardens planted on top and are characterized by stained glass windows, wrought iron doors and hand made lace inside. 

We checked out the sunday market and then planned to go to the antique market the next day and to the famous balcomy where Eva Peron gave her farewell speech to all of those who loved her. The country loves Eva Peron today and are especially enthralled with the attention and priority she gave to the working class. Unfortunaly she died at an early age of uterian cancer. There is much more to this story but for now i must head to bed as tomorrow we continue our journey south into the area near cape horn. stay tuned for pics and more stories.

Tags: buenos aires, selcome to america del sur!

 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.