Existing Member?

Maori'nasia Yoga, Muay Thai, detox, colonic cleansing, dental implantations all in Thailand and Cambodia. What more is there to say?

Detox on Koh Phangan at Ananda Resort

THAILAND | Saturday, 31 January 2009 | Views [1760] | Comments [1]

If your thinking about doing detox here at Ananda Resort, it is best to come prepared. This is my second day and I now realise that a little bit of prep. work will put you right. I think you need your own toiletries: soap; shampoo; razor; etc. Also you need a couple of beach towels. These are good to use for a spread sheet to lie on or blanket at night because they don't give you one here at Ananda. In the rooms where I am staying, it is basically geared toward "backpackers". These rooms are quite standard. It costs 340 baht a night if you do one of the detox programs. There are three programs: 11, 7.5 and 3 days. I am doing the 7.5 day detox. This is my second day and so far so good. I wish I had done a little more reading about detox and especially colonic cleansing. Last night I couldn't fit the noozle up my rectum and had to call "Zou" one of the thai guys for help. He tried to adjust it but it just kept splashing around my bum. Kinda funny now that I think about it but not at the time. I was a little freaked out. One need not be. Another thing is it is best to be mentally prepared. This will help you with all the little challenges that you face. I can see the difference between those who have the mental "strength" and those who just come here by chance but in search of the health benefits. I am sure everyone benefits but those who have the "wairua" (spirit) for it, cope a lot better. What I mean is that you have to accept things more and learn to control yourself and not worry about things that cannot be controlled. Everything is connected in some way. Finally, I have not started the yoga yet, but I am looking forward to it. I first thought this place would be some kind of cult group, into free love, hugging trees, guru worship kind'a place. I think that it can be, by looking at most of the people here but it can also be for ordinary rugby blokes like me who are just trying to change for the better. So, it is what you make it. I figured this out fast. I hope I am right.

Tags: ananda, detox, exercise, koh phangan, thailand, yoga

Comments

1

I had an amazing 7 days detox program at Marga, just about 500 m after Agama.
Really looked after by Simona who runs the place and who is involved in each program personally.
She only works with few people at a time, and I tell you, she puts her heart in all the programs she runs. She is just great and really inspiring.
Try the yoga programs with her.....you'll get hooked.

  john Apr 22, 2010 1:56 PM

About te_mana


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.