Existing Member?

Maori'nasia Yoga, Muay Thai, detox, colonic cleansing, dental implantations all in Thailand and Cambodia. What more is there to say?

Narita cold to Thai hot - Silom Dentist and Ferry to Koh Phangan

THAILAND | Friday, 30 January 2009 | Views [803]

Well it was just as I had imagined. From the Japanese cold rush to the relaxed hot Thai pace. I arrived late at 12.00 at night and caught a cab to my hotel near Surkhimvit... the place was near Soi 21 and it looked empty. It was old and cheap just what I needed.

After a real bad nights sleep I organised myself and caught the BT to Chon Chari (?) where the Silom Dentist is. They have a big flash building with no patients there. I didn't see anyone else but me and wondered if I was funding the whole place. The staff were very nice and looked very pretty...reminds of a few places near my hotel.

I got my teeth cleaned, polished and also had a prep talk with the boss. Hmmm...she was very clear and liked to give me the technical details. I found myself easily dominated by her. They advertise stuff on their webpage such as the laser polishing but actually they recommend the higher priced Bright Cleaner which is about 3000 baht more expensive. Being  the sucker that I am I choose it.

I don't really know if my teeth look better or what but I can't help feel like that it is really just  one long sales drill to get me to loosen my wallet. The whole thing took about one hour. I paid about 32000 bhat (20,000 deposit for my implant, 10,000 for the bright cleaner, 2000 for cleaning and polish).

I quickly jumped into a cab made the one hour trip to the airport with plenty of time to spare and caught my delayed flight to Koh Samui. There was a connecting ferry (slow but nice) to Koh Phan Ngan. At first I thought this would be a slow  pain in the arse because I was still in Japan mode. It turned out to be a really nice slow ride, giving me a picture perfect view of the setting sun, the half moon and a lovely lone bright star. 

Jumped off the ferry and got a rental bike from a thai guy and rode over to Ananda Resort. It was a wee bit scary cause I didn't know where I was going and had to stop a few times to ask for help. When I pulled in the place it was packed with yogi chatting in the restaurant. It was a bit intimidating walking into the place...I was afraid of being noticed.

Vangelis the manager here is very committed to running a professional yet caring resort. He seems intense yet relaxed in the same breath. He looks healthy and confident which gives me confidence too. I feel like he has done this many, many times. So reassuring and relaxing at the same time.

Now in the morning, after getting all the details which I will include as a photo shot I have just finished my first shake, met my two detox mates: Annita from Hungary and Megan from Canada (photo). We are on the way and we feel very happy and jovial. I think we are going to do all right. There is a very nice feeling here in our group. The weather here on the island is great...not too hot and a little bit of rain at night. It is about 29 degrees cel.  

But the first three days will be tough for me and I hope that I will not bite so many people...have to wait and see.

 

 

Tags: avanada resort, detox, koh phangan, silom dental, yoga

About te_mana


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.