Existing Member?

Enjoying Life is Good

The Giants Causeway and the Tale of a Cow

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 28 July 2011 | Views [1025]

Bits of the Causeway

Bits of the Causeway

Odd title huh well not as odd as the tale of a chased Giant who dressed up as a baby to scare off the Scottish Giants.  Yep drugs have been around for a very long time. The story goes that the Scottish Giants were so scared that a baby could be this big that they though that the parents must be huge so they turned tail and ran smashing up the causeway as they went. What a story! I want to live in a place where they tell tales like that, oh that's right we do but they are aboriginal tales, got to get me talking to some aboriginal people.

OK enough of all that time to talk about the Giants Causeway and how great that place is. It was our next stop on from the wonderful Belfast, so great and will so be heading back to that place again if and when we get the chance.  Anyhow all of that is in the past time to talk about Bushmills or at least the little place where the Giants Causeway sits.

The beauty of this was that our fabulous B and B was within walking distance of the causeway so there was no need to park the car and hence it was FREE!!!  Oh yeah natural beauty at a beautiful price.  The walk however was a little dangerous as we had to trek along the road but did I mention that this trek would make it FREE!!

Right back on the story.  We walked there from our place and got there just in time to have paninis at the pub.  These were very nice but the pub was a little tired.  I guess that it is just too costly to shut down any of the pub at any time to do some renos.  Really that have an absolute gold mine there with all of the bus loads of tourists that roll in and out, unbelievable amount of people really although hey we are doing the exact same aren't we?

So the Causeway what can I say, freaking unbelievable.  I think that we have been influenced too much by Geologists as we were very excited to be here and looked upon these rocks like we knew what was going on with them.  The fact is that we have no idea what is going on with them but we like them all the same.

The causeway is a wonderful thing, stretching out into the ocean like some sort of dipping travellator in an airport although in the airport everyone just stands still.  Gees I hate that!  The causeway is simply something that everyone should see if they get the chance.  I am guessing that we will have the same gushing emotion when we finally get to see Uluru but that is another trip. 

The place itself really does not look real.  All of these little hexagonal colomns all at different levels all with different colouring, really amazing.  Not only that but the landscape around it is amazing too with walks and trails both along the cliff face and up on top too.  You really have to see it yourself because words cannot do it justice.

Anyhow Tara and I just wandered around taking photos and looking at this place through every possible angle.  We started thinking that we would be camping here we were there so long but we would not get another chance to do this for a long time so we might as well make the most of it.

Well not much more to say about it but that it was one of the most memorable places that we have ever been to and the few hours that we spent there on this beautifully sunny day rivalled the Sagrada visit and that is a big call.  Look at the photos and I think that you will agree.

When we risked our lives getting back to the B and B we took note of cows in the field making an awful racket.  Not being the "farmy" types we had no idea what was happening but we knew that something was up.  Oh well lets go have dinner anyway.  We headed out ate at a great little place that served the greatest duck and steak on wood, yes WOOD! Gee I love travelling.  Anyhow when we came back there was another cow! HUH how did that happen.  Yes the racket that we witnessed was a cow in labour, der.  It was an amazing thing actually and a memory that we will have forever and one that we feel truly lucky to have been able to experience.

So that is it, the circle of life continues.  Giant turns into baby in a field of cows.  Paul eats cow and then comes back to a brand new cow and so on.  Life truly is amazing.

By the way we loved the Giants Causeway, put it on your list of must do's because we reckon that you will love it to.

 

About tara_and_paul_go_travelling

Tara and Paul at someones 40th

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.