Existing Member?

Enjoying Life is Good

Righto We Are In Derry But This Is About Belfast

UNITED KINGDOM | Sunday, 24 July 2011 | Views [423]

Mural in Belfast Shankhill Road

Mural in Belfast Shankhill Road

Yep we are falling behind a bit but this is not due to us being lazy but more because of that fact that it is light until freaking 10pm.  By the time we stop doing stuff it is just about time for bed.  Anyhow we will try and get stuff back on track from here on in and this is the start.

OK Belfast hey, maybe a bit dangerous with the recent unrest? Well that is what we were thinking but it could not have been further from that, the place we encountered was one of the friendliest places we have travelled to ever.

Yep terribly friendly but not all that warm and for the 3 days that we were there we shivered our way through the streets seeing the sights under the gloom of cloud and mizzle.  Those that do not know what this is can ask us about it when we get home.

Belfast on landing seemed a very organised place.  There was a great public transport system that took us right to the middle of the city and it was super cheap.  So far so good.  When we got off the bus the city looked beautiful with fabulous buildings and great wide paths to wander about on and it was clean.  No wonder England wanted to keep hold of this city, it has everything that London doesn't.  Just jokes people.

So what to do in Belfast?  Well we first need to find a place for breakfast. Check, we found a great place near the Alice clock (a clock that spins around the characters from Alice in Wonderland on the hour, very cool), that sold us scones for breakfast YUM!

What else to do, go and have a look at all of the murals that have been painted over the years because of the us and them troubles. Check, we walked all through the Shankhill district and the Falls Road looking and it was very interesting indeed.  So many things to see but if I read one more crappy quote from a Lennon song I think that I would have puked.

Find places to drink beer? Check.  We went to as many of the cool looking bars as our livers would allow us to including the absolutely amazing Crown Bar, if you ever get to Belfast you simply have to see that place as it is unbelievable.

So Belfast was actually a lot better than I was expecting to tell you the truth and the people there were simply great.  I don't think that we got even half of the stares that we received in the 3 days in Belfast as what we did walking into one bar in Cornwall and people on the street would just stop and talk to you, where does that happen?

If we were to give the city a rating what would it be Tara?

Tara says 4 out of 5 pints and that is a winner in anyones language. Make Tara's a Harp.

 

About tara_and_paul_go_travelling

Tara and Paul at someones 40th

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.