Existing Member?

Pictures and Stories from our Time in Thailand

We Found a House!

THAILAND | Tuesday, 22 May 2007 | Views [137]

On Saturday morning, Mike and I went and had a look at a townhouse for rent, and in less than two weeks we think we have found a place to live! Its really big, nice and we are pretty pleased with ourselves! Its a 4 storey brand new, never lived in townhouse. It has 3 HUGE bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. An enormous family/lounge room and a nice little court yard for bbqs. The complex (or moo baan) is really nice and quiet and well kept. There is even a little lake walkway thing with fish! If all goes to plan we should be in on June 1st. There is no kitchen in the house yet, the landlord is putting a `western` kitchen in for us. The Thai`s apparently like to have their kitchen outside, not too sure what happens when it rains...but I think Mike would prefer to do all the cooking from inside the house!! With two spare bedrooms there is going to be lots of room for all the stopover visits we are expecting from you all!

The society dinner was fun. Had an ok night. We were sitting next to a couple that were really friendly. The guy is the Vice-President of American Express here in Thailand, just to give you an idea of the type of comapny we are find ourselves in. Met a few people, most were really nice and friendly but they are all married, all have kids and we just didnt have that much in common with them. I made a small suggestion towards gin drinking during the day at the tennis club, and I got a few strange looks. I think I have been given the wrong idea about the life of an expat wife, not quite as laid back as I thought!! There are not too many expat wifes that do nothing during the day like myself!

We have started to make a little mental list of places to visit and things to do when we get our first visitors! Found a great night market on Saturday that has a huge beer garden next to the market stands - great place to leave the boys while the girls go for a bit of a shop. We have found a few great places to drink and eat that we cant wait to take some of you too. And now we have a real place to live, we are set up for all of you!

In need of home cooked western meal, I went shopping for a few things to make a nice tomato and chilli pasta thingy. Took me three hours and couldnt find any fresh tomatoes. But tonight will be our first cooked meal (except toast for breakfast) since we got here! We eat out all the time because (most of the time) its much cheaper to. There is a seafood restaurant RIGHT next door to our apartment and we have had quite a few meals there, thats for sure!

Take care and thanks for all the messages! I would say the general consensus is that Mikes car is a beast and you all like it! Until next time.......

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.