Existing Member?

Pictures and Stories from our Time in Thailand

Living Expat Style

THAILAND | Friday, 18 May 2007 | Views [167]

Hi All,

Well not even two weeks in and we are off to swiss it up with fellow expat couples. Thats right, tonight Mike and I will be joining the Australian New Zealand Womens Society somewhere in Bangkok for a night of food, fun, laughter, meeting new people and general hob nobbing. Luckily for us tonight is the one night that men are allowed to come and couples are able to `socialise` with like minded souls. Fingers crossed they are not all middle aged executives and their wives, but the expat rumour mill has it that this is always a good night. Ill let you know how we go.

Mike has finally picked up his `beast`. I keep saying this but the thing is just gigantic. All the other traffic pretty much pull over when he drives along. Mike thinks the little guard at the apartments thinks its pretty cool. He can only just see in the side windows! I have put some photos up for you all to check out. Certainly a little different from Mikes last car - Stan as he was commonly known.

In news just in we may have found somewhere to live! We just checked it out and we both had a really good feeling about it. Unfortunately, no brittish theme here but an absolutely HUGE 4 storey townhouse on a cool street in a really nice complex (or moo baan). We have an appointment tomorrow morning and hopefully we will know more - fingers crossed.

Mike is into work life full swing and he is really enjoying it! Im kind of starting to look around for work, sending a few emails, making a few calls. Mike played squash again last night. The guys he plays with really want to make it a regular thing. Mike has a squash racket now, its getting serious!

Ok, I had better go and set my hair or something for tonight. I only have thongs to wear on my feet, I hope Im not too underdressed!!! By the way the maid dropped in earlier while I was out and sprouced the place up. Just to keep you all up to date!

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.