Existing Member?

A Year Without Ice Cubes One year through Africa and Asia

In lovely Nepal...

NEPAL | Tuesday, 26 May 2009 | Views [931] | Comments [2]

Lovely Kathmandu, Nepal.  Sorry I never wrote a final 'Goodbye, India...for now' entry, but Delhi belly hit again, this time actually in Delhi, and I pretty much spent the last 2 days lying on a bed in a hotel room.  No vomiting this time, though, so I guess my immune system is worth something.  This morning Becs flew back to Kenya where her tour company is partly based out of, and Michelle and I flew to Nepal (I know, I know, we were supposed to take a bus over the border through the Himalayas because it would be the most amazing bus ride ever at the top of the world, but hey, we can still take a bus back into India, right?)
We've only been in Nepal for a few hours, but already Michelle and I are all smiles and saying, "I LOVE it here!"  Which is funny, because it's grey and drizzly outside, but I think the most important thing is, it's not BAKING like India was...it's a very pleasant, cool temperature outside, and Idon't feel like dying as soon as I step out the door.  Also, people have been sooo nice and we haven't felt like anyone's trying to rip us off or harrass us...which, sorry to say, but happened all the time in India.  But time will tell... in any case, it's nice to get away from the heat and the touts, even if just for the day.  I really loved my time in Kerala at the cultural center, but when you're on the tourist route in the touristy cities, and being female tourists at that, it can get pretty trying...and then top it all off with Delhi belly!

We're planning on hanging out in Kathmandu for a few days, meet up with our Nepali friend Raj who we met in Goa while he was working at a restaurant there, and hopefully arranging a trekking trip.  Not the best season for it, but less tourists atleast!


All for now, until next time...

Comments

1

Wish you and Michelle an amazing trek. Let us know when you will be out of contact and for how long so Diane and I will know when to start calling each other.
Love you,
Mom

  sylvia mom May 26, 2009 6:51 AM

2

Sorry your northern India experience has been less than ideal. The reasons you cite sound accurate.

  Uncle Larry May 26, 2009 8:41 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Nepal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.