Existing Member?

The small town girl spread's her wings “A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.” – Lao Tzu

1, 2, 3 jump...don't look down, don't hesitate!

NEW ZEALAND | Saturday, 5 December 2009 | Views [620] | Comments [10]

My first 3 days of the Kiwi Experience Tour was awesome!  I have already met some really cool people.  I will be traveling with a girl I meet for a few weeks.  We had the same itinerary so we decided to do it together.  My first stop was Taupo which is known for skydiving, bungy and others.  

The first thing I did when I got to Taupo is go Bungy jumping :)  It was the BEST!!!  There is something about just jumping off a cliff that gets your heart going.  Your brain is telling you you're crazy but you can't stop yourself!  When she counted me down I was like “oh shit no turning back now”.  It was an awesome experience!

I also went to the hot springs...that was very nice.  We stayed for like 2 hours because it was so great.  Today I went on this 19.5 km hike up a mountain.  I was quite the workout considering I’m not in shape lol.  There is one part called the “Devils staircase” and you can only imagine why it’s called that way…it really was hell.  But the hike was very worth it.  The views where absolutely breath taking. :) You have to see it to believe it.  For the Lord of the Ring fans, the hike was right beside “Mount Dome”.  So I got a great view of that as well :)  

Tomorrow I’m heading out to Rotorua for a night and after that Auckland.  Well that's it for now. Internet access is limited so that’s all I have time to write :)   I will try to put pictures up as soon as possible…the pictures that are on right now are from Julie because I didn’t get a chance to upload my pictures yet.

 

Comments

1

TROP COOL!!!

  Marie-Andrée Dec 6, 2009 12:34 AM

2

WOW !!!! Jealous !!!! so so Jealous !!! Congrats on the bungee jumping ...

  Marie-Claude Dec 6, 2009 3:38 AM

3

Super Sab!

Je suis trop contente pour toi. Profite à fond de tes belles expériences. C'est le fun d'avoir de tes nouvelles.

xox

  Stéphnaie Laberge Dec 6, 2009 3:57 AM

4

Ma Princesse ce promene!!!
Love you lots!!!

  Papa Dec 6, 2009 4:10 AM

5

That's my girl! Glad you're having so much fun. Bungy jumping, really?! AMAZING! Miss you already girl! xox

  Jessica Côté Dec 6, 2009 4:58 AM

6

Thanks guys...miss you lots xox

  sx_larabie Dec 6, 2009 10:41 AM

7

You got to bungy jump before me, not fair, :p lol, congrats must've been a rush. I know what you mean by the 'devils staircase' I saw it once on a hunting channel, and its suppose to be one of the hardest terrain on earth to hunt, lol. And btw sorry to be a nerd, but its 'mount doom' not 'dome', spell fail, hahaha.

Im soo happy for you that your following your instincs, and achieving your goals. Take care, i miss you.

  Jean-Paul Dec 7, 2009 11:36 AM

8

HAHAHA Thanks for the spelling correction JP aka University Brain now hahah Miss you lots 2 xox

  sx_larabie Dec 7, 2009 6:46 PM

9

Hey Sab!!

This is great news!! so happy for you!! Bungy jumping..WOW!! lucky you..!

We sure do miss you alot but this is an experience of a lifetime and I cant wait to hear all about it when you return and looking forward for more pics!

Have a safe trip and mostly...HAVE FUN!! xoxo
Anick

  Anick Dec 8, 2009 3:02 AM

10

Sounds like you are having a blast my dear!! I am so happy for you. Looks like your bucket list will be pretty small by the time you get back lol!!! Have fun and take care!!

Love & miss ya lots xox
Mel Caron

  Melanie Dec 9, 2009 1:55 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.