Existing Member?

Tales of a red-soled climbing gypsy Follow me and together we will find the world #redsoledtraveler #talesofaredsoledclimbinggypsy

1st hurdle

USA | Tuesday, 29 December 2015 | Views [381] | Comments [1]

So first hurdle averted! Because of the inclement weather everywhere, all flights were delayed. So of course I heard the dreaded speaker pipe up with my full name (horror of horrors), and tell me to "please step up to the counter". As I dragged my pack (which is half the size of my petite frame) to the counter, I listen to them as they tell me that the flight is delayed and the next flight wont land in SF till 10:45. I looked at her and said "I'm sorry, but I have to be on an International flight at 12am". She looks at me like listen little girl you're not only one trying to get to connecting flights. So I put on my sweetest little cherubic face and ask if there is anything earlier. She tells me there is one flight boarding and that i would have to book it. So I haul my ginormous pack across my body and make a valiant effort to start to trot/run to the gate. Then out of the mist arose one of those guys who rode around offering rides. I gave him a Chechire cat grin and said "I gotta get to gate C1!" I hopped on and away we went! We arrived just in time to get a new boarding pass and waddle my and my bag down the gate. Hefted my bag with a Thor like strength in a compartment and plopped my butt in a middle seat and took a big sigh of relief. First one down, two more flights!! Next stop, Taiwan!! 

#talesofatravelinggypsy #redsoledtraveler 

Tags: air time, hurdles

 

Comments

1

Oh man! First hurdle indeed! Hope your flight to Taipei went more smoothly and you got to enjoy the stinky tofu!

  Ethan Dec 31, 2015 3:16 AM

About sweetcheeks03


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.