Existing Member?

where in the world is steph.... Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? -- Mary Oliver

closing and beyond

ITALY | Wednesday, 1 March 2006 | Views [594]

The past two weeks has been a whirlwind of activity, and just now have caught my breath. Thanks to all of you who have sent me updates, I love to hear from you even if I don't have time to respond.

The olympics were crazy right up until the end. I was given a ticket to closing ceremonies 2hrs before it started A rush to get home and showered and off we were. We were in the cheap seats on the field, and couldn't see everything going on, but hay we where there and loving every minute. It was my first olympic ceremonies to go to so it was even more exciting. I do have to say that I couldn't stop laughing when ricky martin came out onto stage.

after closing ceremonies, we cleaned and packed up our venue and were finished on monday morning. we decided not to tell anyone we were done and headed off to the city to go to the egypt museum and have a wonderful lunch. days are filled with last minute shopping to replace items i still dont have no luggage, nights with goodbye parties and the such. BTS took us out to a beautiful dinner at a castle, it was amazing. And even better no pizza or pasta.. today we went to a chinese restaurant for lunch, and guess what my roommate had, pizza. this morning we went into a shop were the older gentleman who worked there proceeded to tell us about how he was in the tour de france. all in italinan and still dont know if he won or not, but we got his autograph and a kiss anyway.

next on my list barcelona, i leave tonight so i better get off the computer. hope everone is doing well and look forward to hearing from you soon.

ciao,

steph

Tags: Work

About stephhef


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.