Existing Member?

where in the world is steph.... Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? -- Mary Oliver

Greetings from Torino

ITALY | Wednesday, 15 February 2006 | Views [764]

Hello,

Sorry that I haven't written before now, but I have been a busy gal. I hit the ground running and haven't stop since I got here. I wish I could say that I am having fun, but with my luggage lost (the airline called yesterday to tell me they would now start looking, thanks it has been two weeks), an allergic reaction to a chemical we use at work that has given me a horrible case of hives, my venue being under staffed and well working 15 hour days, fun has been hard to come by. But don't fret, things are looking up!!! I saw Torino in the daylight for the first time the other day, I am officially over jet lag, and I have made it to a few things, I got to see the Russian women's hockey team practice, an Aussy figure skater, and lots of speed skating. I got to see a fellow Juneauite at a speed skating event the other day, that was very cool. Oh and you may here a clip of me on KTOO so all of you in Juneau keep your ears peeled. Now that I have most of my staffing problems solved things should be getting better, and hopefully I will be able to get to a few more things. I have to admit that I was so tired that I slept through opening ceremonies. I live across the street from the main stadium, and woke up briefly when they started letting off the fireworks from my front yard.....and went back to sleep. I wish I had wild and crazy stories to share, but alas nothing too interesting.

Many of the guys that come to my venue to eat remember me from Athens, so that is fun. And a few of the key people I have to work with from TOBO (torino olympic broadcasting organization) are Greek, so I have an in with them as well. And of course I am working with some of my favorite people from prior Olympics so that is great. I am thinking about going on a road trip with one of them after the games are over. We'll see.

I have to get back to work, I have dinner at 8 pm tonight. Hope everyone is doing well, and I promise that the next e-mail will be full of all the great things I have been doing!!!!!

cheers,

~steph

Tags: Work

About stephhef


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.