Existing Member?

Sorkoo Adventures

Packing!

USA | Thursday, 11 May 2017 | Views [750]

One of the things about this trip that has stressed me out the most is packing. I've never lived out of a small backpack for a long period of time. I've camped for a week but camping doesn't require city clothes. And I've always had the luxury of my car being nearby. I've gone on longer vacations but I've always had a suitcase with plenty of space. I'm not an over packer but I do like to have a variety of outfits and options. Needless to say, living out of a backpack with just 2111 cubic inches is going to be interesting. 

I've done my research. I know it's better to under pack and buy things along the way. I know I'm going to countries and cities where I can find everything I need if I forget to pack that one crucial item. And I know everything I decide to pack I then have to carry. But even with research and planning that didn't stop me from freaking out when the new bag Danny bought me came in. He spent a lot of time finding the perfect WATERPROOF bag and all I could do was stare at the thing and panic. Thankfully, I have a fiancé who knows how to calm me down and who is willing to carry some of my things since I'm bound to pack more. 

I've narrowed my clothing down to a rain jacket, 4 bottoms, 3 tank tops, 4 t-shirts, one zip-up hoodie, 3 dresses, 2 bathing suits, a beach wrap, sneakers, hiking sandals, flip flops, 2 sport bras and some other unmentionables. Magically it all fits with some room for toiletries and electronics. And I think I need to bring a nicer pair of sandals for dinners out at good restaurants. My panic was for nothing. Everything is going to be fine.

It will be really interesting to see what I drop along the way and what I pick up. Stay tuned.

-Natalie

Our new bags!

Our new bags!

Tags: packing, planning

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.