Existing Member?

Mustache South

Entry 7: Loreto ain’t a bad place to spend a week.

MEXICO | Thursday, 16 January 2014 | Views [673]

Dichotomy in Loreto: el Jimador tequila &  al Jimador the card shark.

Dichotomy in Loreto: el Jimador tequila & al Jimador the card shark.

 

On January 7th I rolled into Loreto and set up temporary residence on the bay as a guest in la casa de Heather y Jim (al Jimador). Being a good space cadet, I listened to the celestial vibe kicked down from the alignment of Stars somewhere in the universe that ushered me to settle in and enjoy some quality time with friends from a former place and time. That, and I really needed to be in one place long enough to receive a package that was traveling the tenuous and often pilfered route from Colorado to Baja Sur and which contained my replacement ATM card (THANKS JEFFE!).

So what have I done with all this free time in one location? The short and skinny is that I haven’t done much and to quote Peter La Fleur: “let me tell ya, it feels great!”

I have sampled the fare of local taco slingers (el Rey is el shizzle), swooshed along the bay via paddle board, warmed the toes next to a driftwood campfire, enjoyed excellent meals prepared by Jim (did I mention that he used to own a Mexican restaurant in Steamboat?) and in awesome company, caught up with another ex-pat friend from Steamboat, rolled up to San Javier with said ex-pat (Jupiter) on motorcycles and I might have put back a couple cervezas and a little Jimador along the way.

 

 

About sneaver

Colorado: 1995 & 2013

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.