Existing Member?

Postcards from the Parents.. Time together- museums, culture and food!

More London Weekend

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 5 November 2012 | Views [254]

Up early to get going to our booked movie tickets. Raining pretty hard outside- hoods up on jackets and taxi catching rather than walking weather. Arrived at the theatre for the 'Scene' experience- though the staff didn't seem to think they were open or ready for the first session of the day. Very disappointing on the food choices, coffee production and general sense of luxury. It certainly was not Gold Class Standard- the chairs reclined a bit but certainly no foot rest nor were we waited upon with meals and drinks. The popcorn also not freshly popped or even warm.

Skyfall however was excellent- don't worry no plot spoilers coming!!

It was excellent to see it in London (much of it is set in London) and to have been in numbers of the locations over the past week. A little bit disconcerting getting back on the underground this afternoon though....

A bit more window shopping and shoe shopping for Wendy (work shoes on sale), and then back into the thankfully less rainy world to locate some lunch.

Wendy took us for the Sunday Roast at the New Inn- local pub. The line was unbelievable- the poor chef just stands there at the carvery, serving and carving all afternoon. There was a choice of perhaps 5 meats and then vegetables, Yorkshire puddings, gravy and all the trimmings. No wonder it was packed- couldn't be more English if it tried!

Wandered home, sure that we will never eat again and curled up in the lounge room to the sounds of firecrackers going off overhead. Currently catching up on writing up the past few days while watching Wendy play a Sherlock Holmes game on the playstation. Cosy Sunday night happenings here.

About sjgordo22


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.