Existing Member?

Postcards from the Parents.. Time together- museums, culture and food!

London Weekend

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 5 November 2012 | Views [216]

It's the weekend- and I slept in !! Completely unheard of usually. It must be the cold weather, the travelling and all the exercise we're doing. Or maybe just taking the opportunities as they arise!!

Had a lovely chat to Andrew on the phone but had to hop off when my breakfast/brunch of an ommelette with all the trimmings was served. Wendy had to work this morning, so Andy played gourmet host. We tried in vain to book movie tickets online (Andy's birthday present), so decided to just book when we headed out to Westfield at Shepherd's Bush. Finally learnt the other way out of Ealing via Ealing Broadway station and got to Westfield without harm. Very helpful to have a guide for our travels!

Kids if you're reading- you may need to look away now if you want a surprise. Ok- are you gone, are you covering your eyes?? We may or may not have made a lengthy visit to the Lego shop and some purchases may or may not have been made. It was pretty fun- especially choosing some Christmas presents for some unnamed people...

Up to the movies to book tickets- we've decided to go tomorrow instead so we can go to the 'Scene' cinema and enjoy the full experience of the new James Bond "Skyfall". We think it will be like going to Goldclass?

Wendy then took us to lunch at a Mexican street food restaurant- we had sharing plates (only my favourite way to eat ever), though we did have to chase them up to bring all the components of the meal. Very delicious, very fresh and also very loud!

Wendy needed some new work clothes, so we left Andy to his own devices and went shopping. Found some excellent new clothes for Wendy, some great new summer tops for me (all on sale as end of season here) and had heaps of fun in the stationery shop too. Browsed perfume for Jacqui and headed off pleased with our shopping afternoon.

Wendy took us to their local on the way home and we had a couple of drinks and met some of Wendy and Andy's friends before heading home. We were introduced to the concept of the 'jager bomb'- pretty much a big glass of cough medicine with a shot glass of different tasting medicine inside. The mechanics of drinking it are fascinating- but not fascinating enough to tempt me to another one.

Walked home to the sound of fireworks going off overhead- Guy Fawkes weekend here, which means fireworks randomly going off in backyards everywhere. Perfect on a frosty night.

About sjgordo22


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.