Existing Member?

Postcards from the Parents.. Time together- museums, culture and food!

London Day 5

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 5 November 2012 | Views [291]

Up and away early today as we had further to travel than some other days. We'd had a quick tutorial from Wendy on catching the bus to the station last night- but we were obviously not very good students. Another morning of going the wrong way (but this time on the bus) for quite some time before realising that it really didn't seem to be as quick as we'd thought. Back on the bus in the opposite direction (somewhat sheepishly), found the station, grabbed a coffee (maybe we should do this step first from now on??) and then onto the overland train for the first time this trip.

Changed trains at Waterloo and then off again on the train to Woking, Surrey to visit our friend Fiona and meet her two little boys. Only running an hour later thanks to our inefficient bus trip. And you all know how much I love running late..

A short cab ride and we were there- ready for tea, chats and a look around their lovely home. I just love when you just pick up where you left off with people, even if you haven't seen them for years. Off to do preschool pickup and then a cosy lunch with Fiona and the kids at a local nursery cafe. The nursery has some resident donkeys that people pop in to see on their way home but we were headed off at the pass by a determined lady who told us to go no further. Apparently one of the donkeys had just been carted off, ill, which caused great distress to all who we standing there. Though sad- we weren't quite sure why we couldn't see the other 2 donkeys. None of us were prepared to pursue the matter however.

Back to Fiona's for a quick play with the kids and then she kindly took us back to the station so we could reverse our steps home. Some excellent train negotiations and we got ourselves home significantly quicker than we got ourselves there that morning. Jacs and I have decided we are getting expert at trains (above and below ground), taxis and walking the routes we know. We do not specialise in buses and walking unfamiliar routes (though we did manage to find Tesco's on the way home for the first time). Stocked up on supplies and then home to warm up and rest. All this travelling about seems to be exhausting!

Andy was home and offered to whip up some lamb koftas for dinner. We hardly had to force ourselves to agree! A late dinner was the perfect end to a lovely day.

About sjgordo22


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.