Existing Member?

Postcards from the Parents.. Time together- museums, culture and food!

Yinchuan Day 2

CHINA | Friday, 26 October 2012 | Views [413]

A very slow start to the morning today, which is just unheard of usually! More chats around the table and unhurried time spent together. Adah had a wonderfully long morning sleep and we didn’t stir from the apartment until lunchtime.

 

Once again we had an authentic and delicious food moment- eating noodles in the local restaurant. It’s becoming our habit to take photos of our meals- so crazy but otherwise I’m sure that I won’t be able to remember just exactly how they tasted. At least it feels that I’m somehow documenting it. Noodles done, we headed back to the apartment so Beth could attend an iPlay meeting (classes are opening on Saturday so there’s lots to prepare this week) and we did some more babysitting. We took the kids for a walk around the big block in the pram and the Ergo pouch so that they would have their sleeps and their mums could work. We had numbers of strange looks with the mismatch between us and a Chinese baby as well as Adah. I’m sure I heard someone at the bus stop asking why we had the little boy (who was crying at the time).

 

It was such a sunny day- we’ve only needed jackets once last night and that was really just to justify bringing them all the way over! I would have been perfectly dressed in a t-shirt in the day yesterday despite it being Autumn.

 

We decided to head via bus to the night markets further into town for dinner, along with some friends.  We have now been on almost every type of transport available. It was yet another culinary experience- all we seem to do is eat and talk! We tried a whole variety of things from the markets (street food)- milk tea, lamb skewers, an amazing freshly made fried rice with chilli (and the chilli numbing spice), bun dumplings (baozi) and toffee coated hawthorns (like a very tiny, tart and soft apple) on sticks.

 

To top off the night we bought eggs tarts from the best place in town for egg tarts- KFC of course! We had them back home with a cup of tea and they were delicious. So early to bed with a book- I haven’t slept so long and so well for ages.

About sjgordo22


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.