Existing Member?

Steve & Helen's Great Escape

Where is the snow?

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 3 June 2011 | Views [225]

currently in Queenstown at the beginning of the ski season, although the onl skiing that you would be able to so will be on the water at the moment as there is no snow on the mountains.  The town itself is pretty lively and somewhere if you wanted to spend a lot of money putting your life at risk you can find lots of people happy to take your money.

Sadly for me, happiness for my mum that I am too heavy to do a sky dive, I think that is fattist - why don't they find a skinny women or something!  I would be hacked off but the limit of a 100kg would be exceeded by quite a few people I know so I don't feel too bad.

Not too much to report.  We went jet boating on the Shotover which was pretty good and freezing, went to a pub quiz coming 4th, which was a poor effort given all the other people were lay abouts in for the ski season (I hate those people!!!! loud and annoying!) and played a bit of mini golf, which I am now 2 - Nil up in the Mini golf series, something which I have never won against Helen. The golf was pretty awesome, can't really explain but it was a proper mini golf center, lifts, difficult holes to putt - awesome.

Other than that Not much has really happend over the past couple of days. Shockingly and I am ashamed to say this, I am kind of getting a little board of the beautiful views, the photo opportunities etc, which I thought might happen.  The only thng I can really report is that having no heating in our van is getting us down a bit.  We purchased another hot water bottle yesterday, I think we can now cover ourselves in hot water bottles rather than a quilt!  We are beginning to look forward to the Australian leg where we will be in a bigger and better campevan (fingers crossed). 

Anyway off to Puzzling world tomorrow which will excite G-Dog, I am expecting big things, and we are also swinging by the original place of the Bungy (probably too heavy for that one aswell).

Steve & Helen

Observation of the last 5 day's:


1. Cow's stare at sheep - I reckon they might go to war

2. Captin cook did not find Milford Sounds

3. Queenstown has no snow

4. You always have to tell everyone what you are doing when you bunmp into them whilst cooking dinner and they always tell you what to do

5.  Apprently there are loads of seals where we have not been - as everyone tells me when I am cooking my dinner

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.