Existing Member?

Travelin Tales a journey of rocks, dust and probably lots of animal poo..........

Day #6 - Rancho Relaxo

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 4 October 2019 | Views [239]

Dingboche (4410m) Rest Day

YAY another rest day. We all need it. But not before the obligatory walk above where we slept at. Early morning get up to guess what? Walk up a mountain! To assist with acclimitisation.

Courts and I quickly decide that because we don't have to walk the whole way up, we decide to pop ourselves on a warm rock and encourage the on-slaught of dedicated hikers passing us at 7am in the morning. Courts and I are like the two old guys from the Muppets. "you got this!" "Nearly there" "Kepp Going", and as soon as they are out of earshot - critique their outfits, etc. I can't beleive how un-prepared soem hikers are. Walking the Himalayas in light Nike run shoes etc - there are even people with their hair down for that perfact Insta shot. I'll prepare you now. You'll see photos of me raw, sweaty, unshowered for days on end but REAL and AUTHENTIC.

This is me.

I don't need to compete with anyone but myself.

We come down from our perch and have a hor chocolate in the sun at the local bakery. DELICIOUS. Thankyou Dingboche, we're renewed and refreshed.

#FeelingHopefull

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.