Existing Member?

Travelin Tales a journey of rocks, dust and probably lots of animal poo..........

Day #2 - Semi-charmed kinda Hike

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 30 September 2019 | Views [205]

Phakding (2610m) > Namche (3440m)

 

Todays supposed to be nasty. Todays supposed to be long. With alot of ups. Oh-ooooo what the absolute hell was I thinking. On the itinery this day was described as 'Short Trekking' day. Liar Liar pants on fire. I'm learning quickly not to rely heaviliy on descriptors here. Todays theres 3 checkpoints along the way that Kumar sees us through, 3 permits sortred each. I'm feeling tired. I shouldn't. I'm slowing considerably. Seriously Simone, you need to get a wriggle on. Ok, use a walking pole. Just the one. Oh cool - lunch-time yay! More vege fried rice. Delicious. More Aussies at lunch from Sydney, they picked my Melbourne accent not really sure what that means. Oh double YAY this lunch spot as a western toilet. Made my day. And yet the next part of the day sux. Uphill (imagine that) like really NO flat surfaces. Climb over that tree root, over that rock, mind the yak, cow, and donkey poo and keep calm and hug a panda (as the sign said showing a red Panda on one part of the trek today). 

I'm slowing, I haven't seen Ann or Courts now for a few hours, Kumar looks jittery, theres one checkpoint left and he'll need to get the permits ahead to Ann and Courts. So that's it - I'm walking through cloud now, by myself. Joy. Kumar says he'll come back after he gets the girls through the checkpoint. He's gone just over an hour and a half. Phew. I need someone to kick my butt to get to Namche. He does this by not talking but walking just in my eyeline, but it works, I made it. And of COURSE our hotel is right on the top ropw - so more stairs. Of course our room, is on the top level. But ensuite and western toilet, and the promise of a hot shower and rest day tomorrow.

#LocveHateYouRightNowNepal

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.