Existing Member?

CWC07and beyond

New York

USA | Wednesday, 9 May 2007 | Views [622]

Well the dream is over, the carribean has ended.  But wouldnt have done anything different.  We have just spend 2 weeks in New York. 

Because Ive been here before I didnt retrace too many steps, we hostel hopped to 4 different hostel, all pretty scabby but a roof and a bed.  Spent plenty of time hanging around central park, probably NYC best asset.  Bought some runners so went running most days, trying to get a little fitness back.  We had beautiful spring weather the whole time with the exception of 1 day of heavy rain.

Highlights were- Guggenheim Museum (Picasso, Renoir, Van Gough), National design museum, Spamalot the broadway show (ripped off Monty Pythons Holy grain), Monet Exhibition (60ish monets in the same room + 3 never seen in public before - Amazing!) and not eating at the same restaurant twice in 2 weeks.

Its a facinating game but American culture is pretty grating. Went to a yankees game which was disapointing - the crowd was worse than a collingwood game! And the night life is wierd, they have really bad bar culture - expensive and uninspiring.

We did find a couple of aussie pubs to watch the cricket, big days but lots of fun.  Matty Scott ripped the dance floor to shreds at the Joshua Tree bar.  That place will never be the same.  Verity got her purse stolen but due more to her negligence rather than anything else.  It happens in melbourne.

We found some skeletons in Veritys closet after prue arrived.  And now prue has some skeletons in her closet!

Overall a great time but keen to head to South America to start some real travel.

Tags: Relaxation

About simon_castles


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.