Existing Member?

CWC07and beyond

Antigua

ANTIGUA & BARBUDA | Thursday, 5 April 2007 | Views [821]

Now we move onto Antigua March 30th.  Got in about 4pm after flight was delayed for 1 hour for no particular reason.  Ash met us and took us to the house on the hill.  The view is breathtaking, 180 degrees over the most pristine beach with endless white sand.  The roof top provided the best view and was the venue for Sheepy's bar and grill.  I.e sheepy with a bottle of rum!

Cricket Aust v Bangladesh on Sat 31.  Game delayed by 5 hrs due to rain the night before but we didnt mind.  We had a swimming pool in the party stand and hundreds of aussies dancing and singing, just like and aussie bbq.  Eventually the game started and we pumped the bangers without much trouble.  We also broke the pool, too much dancing, jumping etc.  Out and about in St Johns at "The Coast" that night but our energy was fading after along day in the sun, crawled home about 2am.

The rest of the week was mainly beach.  Unfortunately despite the beach being beautiful, it was full of resorts and pasty yanks and poms roasting themselves.  Not very nice.

Did a snorkelling trip, which was better than the one in St Kitts, then an island tour to deep bay and English Harbour to see the huge yachts and impressive Nelsons Dockyards which the English used to transport sugar.

Got the hot tip that on mon afternoon the Aussies were on a cruise just off Dickinsons Bay (our beach) at Sneaky Pete's bar and grill so we ambushed them when the got off and grabbed some autographs.  Gilly, Pigeon, Symmo, Hogg, Bracken, Damien Flemming were all there.  Clearly a few caribs had been consumed on the cruise cos for once they were more chirpy than we were.  They gave the impression they didnt want to be bothered so we gave them plenty of space.  Andy Symmonds might have eaten us otherwise!

Antigua is more asytheticly beautiful than St Kitts but much more touristy, more expensive and less tropical.  Very different considering they are only 63 miles apart.  At least the food is better.  Wadadli is the local beer, they have carib too but not as good as in St Kitts.

Quiet a different stay but the house was great, 13 ppl in a house that sleeps 8 was interesting but be made do.  Lots of time on the roof!

Tags: Party time

About simon_castles


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Antigua & Barbuda

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.