Existing Member?

Shockalotti and Lozenators Intrepid Journey This is the online travel journal of Wynne and Lauren. We are travelling to Canada Vancouver to live for a year or so. On the way we will stop off and visit a large chunk of South East Asia: Taipei, Hong Kong, Vietnam, Laos, Thailand, and Cambodia.

Pai

THAILAND | Tuesday, 27 February 2007 | Views [888] | Comments [1]

We headed for Pai, with Chris and Heidi as our travelling companions. I really should have paid Chris a rental rate for using his guitar since I was always borrowing it.

Pai is chilled out, with some nice waterfalls, elephant rides available. The town itself is really low key with a bit of party life happening later at night. Similar to Vang Vieng in Laos but nowhere near as cool (we love Laos - see Vang Vieng and Muang Noi on this blog for more details).

We caught up with the Edo and Shiri from the Laos boat crossing. And then later bumped into Leslie and Dave that we met in Muang Noi in Laos. A great night sitting around an open fire at a trendy bar called Ting Tong watching fire dancers, and playing volleyball, and crawling through logs (see the photos) whilst drinking the local beer.

On 2 Mar we got a bus back to Chiang Mai so that we could connect to Bangkok.

Tags: Friends

Comments

1

Hey Lauren & Wynn!

Sorry I missed you in Bangkok! I traveled out of there on March 20th - early a.m. What a shocker that you had your wallet stolen! I'm so glad everything worked out! I'm back in Northern VA now, working towards finding photo jobs and a new place to live. David is still in Ko Samui for awhile - hopefully no longer than a couple of months. Hey! Where's the crawling through log photos? Couldn't find them!

How's Vancouver? Is the weather working out for you?

Peace,

Leslie

  Leslie Krohn Mar 28, 2007 10:51 AM

About shockalotti


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.