Existing Member?

Shockalotti and Lozenators Intrepid Journey This is the online travel journal of Wynne and Lauren. We are travelling to Canada Vancouver to live for a year or so. On the way we will stop off and visit a large chunk of South East Asia: Taipei, Hong Kong, Vietnam, Laos, Thailand, and Cambodia.

Andrea's Hangout

HONG KONG | Tuesday, 9 January 2007 | Views [1251]

Airport Hong Kong

Airport Hong Kong

Arrived in Hong Kong and were blown away by the vastness of it. Seriously this place looks like something out of a futuristic sci fi movie. Totally awesome. Buildings so tall and funny shapes. They have lights up the entire length that can generate animations and do light shows. Apparently during festivals they all sync up to do a light show. From the the peaks which is a local mountain, the view is absolutely stunning.

We stayed with Andrea for a few days and she was a wicked host. Her appartment rocks, and is on the 28? floor. Great view anyway. We loved staying there as it was so relaxing. Thanks Andrea!

Kowloon is a absolutely cheap place to buy the latest digital equipment, sunnys, phones, cameras etc. You can get severely ripped off too because they are the masters at it. Lauren ended up purchasing a Canon Powershot G7 which is simply one of the best small cameras we have ever seen.

One of the things I marvelled at was the strange mixture of modern building architecture, with that of the old China town theme which you see in old Kung Fu movies. I love it!

On the exit trip from Hong Kong I was astounded at the size of the airport. The departures section alone is km's long. Its so long it has escalators that travel the length of the terminal so people dont die of exhaustion on their way to the plane. The place is loaded with shops - wicked.

Tags: Shopping

About shockalotti


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Hong Kong

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.