Existing Member?

Shockalotti and Lozenators Intrepid Journey This is the online travel journal of Wynne and Lauren. We are travelling to Canada Vancouver to live for a year or so. On the way we will stop off and visit a large chunk of South East Asia: Taipei, Hong Kong, Vietnam, Laos, Thailand, and Cambodia.

Luang Prabang

LAOS | Friday, 9 February 2007 | Views [800]

North of Vang Vieng we travelled 4 hours. This place is meant to be one of the 'must sees' of Laos..... Hmph. OK it was nice with all of the french styled buildings and obviously historical culture. However the real highlight of this place was a night street market. Very pretty and lots of cool handicrafts and clothes to buy. Not to mention food was very cheap off the side of the road.

Sadly we had to stay longer than a day here since we couldnt get money out of the bank until monday - 2 days later. We drank lots of lipton tea with condensed milk which was quite nice really.

Golden tip - Laos is terrrible for getting money! Carry plenty of American dollars in the form of travellers checks. I am not exaggerating when I say they have 4 ATM's in the entire empire of Laos! I counted them. And half the time they run out of money since the pesky tourists keep taking money out of them!

Tags: On the Road

About shockalotti


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Laos

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.