Existing Member?

the road to serendipity

2 more days in Kampuchea

CAMBODIA | Monday, 3 November 2008 | Views [597]

Had a rude awakening this morning at 830am when my fellow volunteer banged on my door. I had fallen asleep from sheer exhaustion without setting my alarm!!! I was supposed to leave at 830 to the bus station (bus departing at 9am) but here I was just woken up! The next 10 minutes was sheer madness as I washed up, packed my remaining stuff and said my goodbyes. But what made it extra special was the kid (who has become one of my favourites too) who had hugged me when I first arrived was there to give me a hug just before I left. Hate the fact that I could have a leisurely morning to pack and then hang with the children, but oh well...

After I arrived in Phnom Penh and checked into my guesthouse I went in search of Friends, a restaurant which trains former street children. I think luck was on my side as Mr My-money-is-all-gone-so-can-you-give-me-some-money ass of a guy (yep the guy that conned me the previous time) came up to me from behind and used the same opening line, "Hi, do you speak English?" I turned around and once I saw his face I immediately told him to F* off. I've never really sworn at anybody to their face but this guy just had it coming. I then proceeded to tell him off and asked him sarcastically, "Oh was your bag ripped open and you lost your passport and money?" He immediately turned on his heels. Actually if I had a 2nd chance I would play along with him and in turn ask him for money for drugs. That should be fun to watch. But it's good that I ran into him again and could tell him off.

I'll be home in 2 days. Not totally looking forward to it but at least I will be kept busy organizing an art exhibition for the kids. More information will be provided real soon. So please come and show your support!

About shix


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.