Existing Member?

the road to serendipity

C.C.P.P

CAMBODIA | Sunday, 5 October 2008 | Views [770]

I apologize for my loooong (and backdated) entries. I don’t get WIFI at my accommodation and only am able to update when I get to an internet café or a place with WIFI.

I’m now in Sihanoukville on my 2nd volunteer stint with C.C.P.P (Cambodian Children's Painting Project). So far it’s been pretty nice. I get a gorgeous sunset everyday by the beach, play with paint and work with kids – what’s not to like?! The centre is just 200m away from the beach, the accommodation is a comfortable basic house above the centre, the staff and fellow volunteers easy going and the children a rowdy but fun-loving bunch. The kids here differ slightly from the ones at FLOW as they’re beach children and are used to a difficult life; some are orphans while others are neglected or abused by their parents. You see a lot of children here selling stuff to tourists on the beach ranging from bracelets to food and collecting drink cans and bottles to help the family. Their background is really much more complicated than we can imagine and it can only be the aim of NGOs like this one to get them off the beach and back to school, and restore their emotional and physical well-being.

With my short time here I can only do that much and hopefully all these little bit contributed by volunteers add up to a substantial amount of good.

About shix


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.