Existing Member?

On the Loose So, Here I go!! I will add updates frequently with pic's so you can all live vicariously through me!! and join me whenever possible- Love and Peace to you all, I will miss you, hoping to be back soon with a whole new life!!

Arles France

FRANCE | Saturday, 3 November 2007 | Views [387]

Rough morning...Guillermo's must have worse,he had to hop a plane this am for his vacation in Morocco! Made it to the train and a quick trip over with an education from a retired professor and his wife from California doing the same as me and just jumping trains and cruising around, "hangin loose" as the 81 year old let me know!

Arles was home for Vinnie van Gogh, brilliant, starry night...love it..also there is beautifulold Roman Arena where bull fights were held and the streets twist and wind down narrow corridors that break out into huge lovely plaza's and squares. I feel completely immersed in everything Provencal.

I sat outside and sipped some great red wine as I watched people walk by. Does anyone remember how when people got married you would form a big line of cars and drive around honking the horns after the ceremony? Whatever happened to that? A wedding went by today,cars all decorated and horns honking!

Walked through the narrow old streets and visited a Fromager..heaven..I let him recommend a cheese to me, and I was so gaga I don't remember what the name of it was, I am gonna have to go back because it was FABULOUS! comes from a sheep that's all I remember! stopped at a bakery and picked up a bagette, and at a Patessrie and bought some chocolate and headed back to my cozy little hotel. I sat on the bed and watched the sun go down with my windows flung open and birds chirping in the trees feet away, I can here a french couple below in the courtyard carrying on a conversation which is just lovely to listen to in French. My hotel is smack dab in the middle of the 2 main attractions here in Arle, the Roman Arena and the Classical Theatre, which is having work done to it.

A note on the weather..it has been incredible everyday so far! Bright sunny days with crisp fall air, could not ask for anything better!

Bon Soire

Tags: Food & eating

 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.