Existing Member?

On the Loose So, Here I go!! I will add updates frequently with pic's so you can all live vicariously through me!! and join me whenever possible- Love and Peace to you all, I will miss you, hoping to be back soon with a whole new life!!

Planes and Trains

FRANCE | Wednesday, 31 October 2007 | Views [432]

I am finally off! Took off for Amsterdam at 4:20 today, oct 29, small quick detour in Detroit and then a straight shot, with noone sitting next to me thank goodness as I miht have killed someone with my tossing and turning. No complaints on the flight, good food,good,service,good movies,smooth sailing.

Oct 30, touched down right on time, weather was looking a bit crazy so sat down and decided on plan b. As I am sitting in the airport I am amazed and thrilled at how many dogs keep walking by..just don;t see this in the US. I miss Taie.

Decided on a train to Brussels, Belgium and then to Paris and on a night train to Barcelona Spain. I am astonished at how incredibly punctual the trains are hbere, if they say the train pulls in at 8:38 it;s there at 8:38 so move..

As we pulled out of Amsterdam I was thrilled to see the countryside lined with windmills and fluffy sheep, and canals and people on narrow paths on bikes waiting for the train to pass. I am sitting here eating my whole wheat bagette with brie and tomatoes, and a red bull! I love the train. oh did I mention I am not thrilled with my packing, shut up Mike! (how is the knee/ankle?) On my next jaunt I am seriously bringing one outfit and some undies and will buy what I think I need. My bag is ok cause of the wheels, however there are a lot of stairs in the train stations!! The messenger `bag and purse are heavy and hurting my trapisius..and even the train had all the toiletries I needed!! That being said..made all my transfers from stations around Paris,got to walk around a bit as I had a couple hours between trains, as lovely as I remember!

Trenhotel left gare Auberlitz Paris at 8:32 pm, I have my own little locked off sleeper room, 2 pull down beds and a sink,small but cozy. Pull out just in time to see the city of lights in all it's glory!!

no sleep yet, possibly an hour on the plane..and I am tired already of paying to pee and manouvering my luggage through the mechanical tiny gates to get into the pay bathroom!! must be a little cranky!!


Bed on train was comfy and I slept a little. Missed out on seeing all the lovely wine country as I selpt and we traveled down through the Burgundy, Beaujolais regions.

Tags: planes trains & automobiles

 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.